Men, if you are getting ready to jump the broom, we have some amazing tips to help make sure your skin is in perfect shape so you can be photo-ready.
Daily Skin Cleanse
Begin using a daily face cleanser 15 days prior to the wedding date. This will rid the skin of any existing skin irritations that would lead to bumps. Follow with a light face moisturizer prior to going to bed.
The best place to shave is in the shower because the steam from the shower will soften the skin and expand the pores.
This process should only take 23 minutes. To get that perfect shave, try these following steps:
1) Apply pre-shave oil. The oil will enter the pores and protect the skin from any potential skin irritations.
2) Apply a quality shaving cream to your skin in a small circular motion with a shaving brush. Doing so will also aid in gently exfoliating the skin.
(If the shaving cream already includes oil, then step 1 and 2 are applied together)
3) Gently begin shaving, following the natural direction in which the hair grows.
This will cut the hair close to the skin but not completely. There will still be about fifteen percent of the hair follicle left.
4) Apply more shaving cream and begin shaving in the same area; however, be sure to shave in the opposite direction in which the hair grows.
Some call this “shaving against the grain”. This second shave will rid the shaving area of the remaining hair left in the shaving area.
6) Lastly, apply an after shave balm that is 100% alcohol free and consist of Vitamins C and E.
This will give the skin a natural glow and also replenish the pores to keep them healthy.
Words: Jay Bentley, Lx3 Holding