Pack away that flat iron because curls are making a comeback. Trend watchers are praising curly hair as celebrities, politicians and even business leaders are starting to embrace their curly tresses. From runways and the big screen, to boardrooms and capitol buildings, curls are taking center stage.
A third of American women have curly hair, according to Kantar Worldpanel’s Ethnic Hair Analysis. Yet a Dove Hair study found that 70 percent of women with curly hair feel they need to regularly “tame” their curls, and only 10 percent said they were proud of their curly hair.
“I work with many women who love their beautiful curls, but often struggle to manage them, and instead opt for flat irons or chemical straightening,” says celebrity stylist Cynthia Alvarez, a curl expert for Dove Hair. “But curls are having their moment. The secret to rediscovering a love of your curls is to keep them nourished so they are soft, smooth and defined.”
Curly hair may vary by texture and pattern, but the common denominators seems to be dryness, frizziness and lack of moisture. Women can achieve beautiful curls when they find the right products.
“No two curl patterns are the same, so it’s important that you find products specifically designed to nourish your curly hair,” Alvarez says. “I like Dove Hair’s new Quench Absolute Collection. The products, with a blend of protein, nutrients and Brazilian Buriti Oil, improve manageability, quench dryness, and smooth, strengthen and nourish curly hair.”
Curls are definitely in the spotlight and with the right cut, style, products and tips women can achieve their full curl-potential.
Alvarez offers some tips for caring for your curly hair:
* Embrace your curls. Flat, straight hair isn’t for everyone. Celebrate your natural curls and focus on keeping them healthy-looking and beautiful.
* Choose products specifically designed to nourish and hydrate curly hair. Naturally wavy, curly hair needs nutrition and deep nourishment from within.
* Deep condition often with a product like Dove Quench Absolute Intensive Restoration Mask. The product envelops each curl to deliver intense nourishment for a smooth and shiny finish.
* Lose the terry cloth towel and switch to a micro-fiber towel that is gentler on hair and able to help dry hair faster without creating frizz.
* Try a leave-in treatment like Dove Quench Absolute Supreme Creme Serum, which adds an extra layer of moisture to help fight frizz.
For more curly-hair tips and products, visit www.dove.us.
“At the end of the day, whether your hair is curly and bouncy or straight and sleek, you should nurture the beautiful hair you were born with,” Alvarez says.